Registrations for TEDxBasel 2018 3 minutes pop-up talks are now closed.
Always wanted to give a TEDx talk? This could be your chance.
Here’s how to do it:
- Join the audience (if you haven't already registered to attend, you can do so at tedxbasel.com/2018).
- Complete the form at the bottom of this page by May 11th 2018.
- You will be notified by email if you are one of the first 12 to register (registrations will close after 12 have been selected).
- Prepare a talk no longer than 3 minutes.
- Give your talk on the morning of May 26th during registration.
- Be chosen by the audience to talk on the main stage!
- Talk's content must be in compliance with copyright law. Speakers must inform TEDxBasel beforehand of any third-party material that will be used in their presentations and seek written permissions to copyrighted materials when applicable.
- No inflammatory, political or religious agenda, nor offensive or polarising “us vs them” language.
- No pseudoscience.
- No commercial agenda.
- No payment.
- Must follow a memorised script and provide 5 printed copies to TEDxBasel on May 26th 2018.
- Sign speaker waiver at event if chosen to present on main stage, click here for a blank template to read over.
- All talks will be interrupted at 3 minutes.
- TEDxBasel reserves the right to veto the audience's selection if necessary.
- TEDx rules do not permit partners on the main stage. Employees of our partners are permited to participate in the 3 Minute Pop-up Talks. However should one win, the rule would prevent them from sharing their talk on the TEDxBasel stage (see partners here).
- Speaker order will be predetermined.
- Must be ready to present as scheduled. A specific time will be sent to you closer to the date.
- Slide format 16:9 PowerPoint with HD images.
- Slides must be uploaded to Dropbox and the link sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23:59 May 18th 2018.
Prepare for your pop-up talk
- Illustrated TEDx Speaker Guide
- TEDx Speaker Guide in Words
- 2016 Pop-up Talk Blog Entry: The Pop-Up Talk Journey
- 2016 Pop-up Talk Blog Entry: Lean Back in the Era of Lean In
- 2016 Pop-up Talk Blog Entry: Preparing for My 3 Minutes